Monday, December 5, 2011

A new creation

Finally I've done it. Taken steps to create a blog. It's been on my mind for some time. The title has been selected for a couple of years...finally becoming a reality.

I remember an English professor I had at BYU. I think it may have been my technical writing course. He aspired to be a writer and he said that to become a writer, one must (of course) write. Write about things around you. The simple. The mundane. The skills grow as you actively do the writing. His media of choice at the time was his notebook -- his "Navel-linting" notebook. You know -- you lay there and find a piece of lint in your navel, so you write about it. How he would have loved blogging!

Often the things I wish most that I would write are things that are dear to my heart -- hence the title of the blog. Things that I wish I would put into words to share, but generally don't.

So...here's to a new beginning...a new personal adventure...for anyone who cares to come along.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Mom! I'm glad that you've opened this outlet. I look forward to following your future musings. @>~~~

    ReplyDelete